Police make three arrests in relation to drug trafficking in Brampton
Officers with the 22 Division Foot Patrol Unit have executed a search warrant at a residence in downtown Brampton where they arrested three people in the process and seized a large quantity of illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia.
The focus of the Foot Patrol Unit is to reduce lawless public behaviour and criminal activity, liaising with Brampton area residents, merchants and business groups in the process.
Foot Patrol officers learned of a residential apartment, located in the downtown core, that was conducting the sale and distribution of drugs in the area.
Officers then investigated and were able to obtain judicial authorization to enter and search the apartment.
On Wednesday, January 15, 2020, a search warrant was executed at an apartment building in the area of Main Street and Queen Street and three individuals were arrested and charged.
Police say a quantity of cocaine and fentanyl was seized, as well as associated drug paraphernalia.
A 20-year-old male resident of Vaughn was charged with Trafficking in a Controlled Substance and two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance. He is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
A 24-year-old female of no fixed address was charged with three counts of Breach of a Recognizance. She was held for a bail hearing is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
A 45-year-old male resident of Brampton, was charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance and Possession of a Controlled Substance. He is also scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigators from 22 Division Foot Patrol Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Police investigating fire in Brampton
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- OPP Arrest 39-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Possession Of Illegal Drug
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Brampton Man Arrested in Connection with Drug Trafficking
- Brampton Men Charged After Drug Bust in Barrie
- Suspect From Brampton Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident