Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
Peel Regional Police have reported that an officer has been arrested and charged with sexual assault.
The Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau has arrested and charged Constable Prabhjot Singh with one count of Assault and one count of Sexual Assault.
Police reported that the victim and accused know each other and there is no risk to public safety.
Constable Singh is a two-year officer who is assigned to general patrol and, as per the current provisions of the Ontario Police Services Act, he has been suspended with pay
"This is a serious matter and will be thoroughly investigated. I am committed to holding officers accountable for their actions to maintain the trust we have established with our community" said Peel Regional Police Chief Jennifer Evans.
Police officers are subject to the same laws as all other members of the public and are also subject to discipline under the Police Services Act.
Constable Singh is scheduled to appear at the A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in Brampton on May 29 at 9 a.m.
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Heavy snow warning issued for Brampton
- Brampton student selected to earn prestigious award
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Police looking for two suspects in connection to a robbery in Brampton