Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
Peel Regional Police have reported that an officer has been arrested and charged with sexual assault.
The Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau has arrested and charged Constable Prabhjot Singh with one count of Assault and one count of Sexual Assault.
Police reported that the victim and accused know each other and there is no risk to public safety.
Constable Singh is a two-year officer who is assigned to general patrol and, as per the current provisions of the Ontario Police Services Act, he has been suspended with pay
"This is a serious matter and will be thoroughly investigated. I am committed to holding officers accountable for their actions to maintain the trust we have established with our community" said Peel Regional Police Chief Jennifer Evans.
Police officers are subject to the same laws as all other members of the public and are also subject to discipline under the Police Services Act.
Constable Singh is scheduled to appear at the A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in Brampton on May 29 at 9 a.m.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies