Police Officers Charged After Alleged Brampton Assault
Three Peel Regional Police officers have been charged in connection with criminal offences regarding an interaction they had with a man in Brampton back in September of 2018.
According to Tony Loparco, the Director of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU), Tony Loparco, on September 15, 2018 a Peel police officer attempted to pull over a vehicle in the area of Steeles Avenue and Financial Drive. The driver exited the vehicle and fled, while the officer pursued him on foot.
The man made his way to the backyard of a residence, where an interaction ensued between him and multiple police officers. The man was arrested and then transported to hospital by ambulance for treatment of injuries.
As a result of the SIU investigation, PRP Constable Connor Byrne, Constable Roman Marchyshyn and Constable Sunny Mukhi have each been charged with one count of assault. Constables Marchyshyn and Mukhi are each also charged with one count of assault with a weapon.
The officers are required to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice at 7755 Hurontario Street in Brampton on February 18, 2019. As the matter now sits before the courts, the SIU will be making no further comment pertaining to this investigation.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths