Police On Scene at Brampton School Following Shooting Threat
Peel police will be on scene at a Brampton high school today due to a shooting threat that was made yesterday.
On Wednesday, April 19, inbrampton.com received a copy of a text message from one St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School student to another warning that someone had made shooting threats against a student at the school.
It has been alleged that the person uttering the threats referred to today being the anniversary of the Columbine shooting of 1999.
Today, the Dufferin-Peel District School Board issued a statement acknowledging the threats.
"To students, parents and guardians:
Rumours of a threat against our school have been circulating in our school community since yesterday. Please be assured that we are investigating this matter in conjunction with Peel Regional Police. Police officers will be at our school today as the investigation continues.
I want to stress that we take threats of any kind very seriously, whether intended as pranks or otherwise, and work closely with police authorities to ensure student and staff safety. This includes prosecution to the full extent of the law.”
Peel police Const. Bancroft Wright told inbrampton.com that the threats originated from a picture that was drawn in the boy's washroom and that police are currently investigating the incident to determine who might have been responsible.
Today, officers from the Criminal Investigation Bureau, along with school resource officers, will remain at the school to look into the nature of the threat.
"There won't be heavy police presence there," says Const. Wright.
The school will not be closed in lieu of the threats.
- Car rental company established in 1918 files for bankruptcy due to COVID-19
- Bylaw officer assaulted in Brampton while enforcing physical distancing
- Driver caught going at dangerous speeds in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,930 total cases found in Brampton
- Peel Police investigating online threat against student at Brampton school
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- Police Evacuate Brampton School Following Threat
- Police Evacuating Brampton School Due to Threat
- Police Investigating Disturbing Social Media Post Regarding Brampton School