Police on Scene at Possible Gas Leak in Brampton
Police are on scene at a possible gas leak in Brampton.
Shortly before 5:00 p.m., Peel police said that officers are in the Main St. and Queen St. area for a “possible natural gas leak”.
Police say access is restricted to the downtown area.
Buildings in area being evacuated as a precaution.
Police say Queen St. is closed from Chapel St to George St.
Main St is closed from Nelson St to John St.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
Upon investigation, police have determined that there is no danger.
All roadways have been reopened and access to the area is no longer restricted.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga