Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Brampton
Police are warning Mississauga and Brampton residents about a slew of recent sexual assaults that are taking place in public areas in both cities.
Peel police allege that on Sept. 24, 2018, a sexual assault took place 11:15 p.m. in the area of Sandalwood Parkway and Conestoga Drive in Brampton.
On Oct. 13, 2018 at 6:35 p.m., another alleged assault were reported in the Burnhamthorpe Road and Creditview Road area in Mississauga.
On Oct. 17, 2018, another assault was reported in the Burnhamthorpe Road and Creditview Road in Mississauga. Police say that the suspect approached the victims, who were inside a bus shelter, and proceeded to expose himself and sexually assault them.
The suspect is described as a black male with medium complexion who is approximately 5’10” in height with a medium build. Police say he is between 30 to 40 years of age and is bald with some facial hair. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Investigators believe there may be other victims and are encouraging any potential victims and witnesses to contact the Special Victims Unit.
Police are providing the following safety tips:
1) Always be aware of your surroundings,
2) Always stick to main routes and use the buddy system, especially in the evening,
3) Always be cautious if a stranger approaches into your personal space,
4) Never use earphones while walking,
5) Never take shortcuts through secluded, inactive or poorly lit areas
Anyone with information in relation to these incidents is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021
- Peel Police Seeking the Public’s Help Following Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect of Multiple Sexual Assaults in Brampton
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s