Police Searching for Brampton Man Missing in Lake Belwood
Police are continuing their search for a Brampton man who went missing in the water of Lake Belwood in Wellington County.
At approximately 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 29, officers responded to a report of two men who were swimming in the lake and appearing to be in distress.
One male was rescued by another boater and rushed to a local hospital, police say.
The second male, a 31 year old from Brampton, did not resurface.
The OPP, Centre Wellington Fire Rescue, and Guelph-Wellington Paramedics attended the scene to search for the missing male.
The search was resumed this morning (July 30). More officers were called in to assist with recovery efforts.
Police ask that the public assist by steering clear of their efforts in the area of the lake.
#WellingtonOPP marine continuing to search @BelwoodLakePark for missing 31-year-old @CityBrampton man this morning. Please keep clear of emergency services. #OPPDiveTeam and @CWFireChief assisting. Remember to always #RespectTheWater pic.twitter.com/pcdKAMRkx6— OPP West (@OPP_WR) July 30, 2018
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Brampton asks all city employees to be tested for COVID-19
- Peel Police Search for a Missing 24 Year Old Male in Brampton
- UPDATE: New Information Revealed as Police Search for Missing Brampton Woman
- Police Searching for Missing Male from Brampton
- Police Continue to Search for Missing Brampton Senior
- Police Now Have More Tools To Find Missing People In Brampton