Police Searching for Driver After Pedestrian Struck, Seriously Injured in Brampton
Police are continuing to investigate after a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle early Sunday morning (March 17).
Shortly after 4:25 a.m., police say 21 year old Navindra Sookramsingh (pictured above) was walking southbound on West Drive between the intersections of Clark Drive and Orenda Boulevard.
“Witnesses report that as Sookramsingh was on the roadway a southbound vehicle similar to a beige Toyota Corolla struck him throwing him more than 20 meters,” police say.
Sookramsingh remains at a trauma centre in critical condition with multiple broken bones, facial and internal injuries.
The vehicle, which received minor damage to its front, did not remain on scene.
Police are appealing for the driver to contact a lawyer and surrender to police.
"We recognize that you are probably frightened by what happened; we are hoping that you will do the right thing and turn yourself in," said Detective Sergeant Gary Carty of the Major Collision Bureau.
Investigators are also asking witnesses or anyone with video footage of the incident to contact them at 905-453-2121, ext. 3710.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Brampton family seeking help after two boys slain in their home
- Brampton just beat a 33-year-old record for lowest temperature
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Brampton
- Don Cherry appears on Fox News to speak out against his firing
- Holiday celebrations to cause road closures in Brampton this weekend
- Police Release Official Statement Into Brampton Hit-And-Run Case
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Brampton Hit and Run Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Hit and Run in Brampton
- Victim And Police Asking For Help In Search Of Brampton Hit-And-Run Driver