Police Searching for Suspects After Cat Shot in Brampton
Titus the cat was shot with a pellet gun and had his right leg amputated over a week ago now, and police are on the hunt for the shooter.
Brampton resident Barbara Holmes said her cat Titus was shot in the area of Mill and Frederick in downtown Brampton either late at night on Friday July 20, or in the early morning on Saturday July 21, 2018.
“He came home with a sore paw. He was just holding it up, and we thought, it’s a sore paw, maybe it’ll get better,” Holmes told inbrampton.com.
“We took him to the vet on Tuesday and that’s when we had to do X-Rays. He hadn’t been putting his paw down.”
Holmes said that the veternarian found a very serious fracture in Titus’s right leg.
The X-Rays showed a white spot, which was found to be a pellet.
“So, he’d been shot,” said Holmes.
Titus’s leg was amputated the same week on Thursday.
And while Titus has been bouncing back since, he’s still not himself, said Holmes.
“He’s not 100 per cent himself, but he’s purring and he wants to go outside,” said Holmes.
But Titus is no longer an outdoor cat.
“We have two cats and we can’t let them out anymore.”
According to Holmes, someone might also be shooting squirrels in the area.
Holmes reported the incident to police on Wednesday July 25.
“The cat had been shot in its right leg with a pellet gun,” Cst. Akhil Mooken of Peel Regional Police confirmed with inbrampton.com.
“It was an outdoor cat that wanders.”
Police have confirmed that they are investigating the incident.
Anyone with information should contact Peel Regional Police immediately at 905-453-3311.
All photos courtesy of Barbara Holmes
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Two People Shot in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Road Rage Incident Leads to Shot Being Fired in Brampton
- Dog Shot After Police Respond to Suspicious Person in Brampton
- Police Investigating Two Shootings After Brampton Man Fatally Shot
- One person shot aboard public transit bus in Brampton, Ont., police say