Police seek assistance in Brampton sexual assault investigation
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit are seeking the public's assistance in regard to a sexual assault investigation in Brampton.
A female victim in the area of Chinguacousy Road and Bovaird Drive West in Brampton, was approached by a male suspect who offered her a ride home on November 10, 2019, between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
The victim entered the vehicle and the suspect drove her to a parking lot where he sexually assaulted her.
The suspect is described as male, South Asian, approximately 40 years old with a long black beard, a turban and spoke with an accent.
Police advise the public not to accept rides from strangers and to always be aware of their surroundings while travelling alone at night.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect or the vehicle is asked to call investigators at the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Police continue to seek assistance in Brampton sexual assault investigation
- Peel police seeking public's assistance in sexual assault investigation
- PHOTOS: Police Seeking Suspect of Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Police Seek Public's Help in Sexual Assault Investigation
- Police Looking for Suspect After Reported Sexual Assault in Brampton