Police seek assistance in Brampton sexual assault investigation
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit are seeking the public's assistance in regard to a sexual assault investigation in Brampton.
A female victim in the area of Chinguacousy Road and Bovaird Drive West in Brampton, was approached by a male suspect who offered her a ride home on November 10, 2019, between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
The victim entered the vehicle and the suspect drove her to a parking lot where he sexually assaulted her.
The suspect is described as male, South Asian, approximately 40 years old with a long black beard, a turban and spoke with an accent.
Police advise the public not to accept rides from strangers and to always be aware of their surroundings while travelling alone at night.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect or the vehicle is asked to call investigators at the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Police continue to seek assistance in Brampton sexual assault investigation
- Police seeking public’s assistance in identifying suspect in connection to sexual assault in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Police Seeking Suspect of Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Peel police seeking public's assistance in sexual assault investigation
- Police Seek Public's Help in Sexual Assault Investigation