Police Seek Witnesses After Brampton Man Dies in Crash
Witnesses are being asked to come forward following a fatal crash which killed a 20-year-old Brampton man and injured two others Sunday.
“We’re looking into all factors of what transpired,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bally Saini.
Investigators with the major collision bureau are determining if speed, drugs or alcohol were involved.
Officers were sent to Goreway Dr., between Mayfield Rd. and Countryside Dr., at 7:46 a.m.
That’s where the man was driving a black two-door Honda Civic, travelling northbound.
A black four-door Toyota Camry was heading southbound on Goreway Dr. when the cars collided.
Two Brampton men - the driver, 33, and passenger, 19, - were treated by paramedics and transported to a trauma centre where they remain in serious-but-stable condition.
The Civic driver’s name hasn’t been released by police.
His family has been notified of his death.
Investigators are seeking anyone who saw the crash, has dashboard video footage, or who may have information about the actions of the drivers prior to the collision.
Tipsters are asked to phone the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 172 in Brampton
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit