Police Seeking Witnesses After Brampton Hit and Run Leaves Man in Critical Condition
Police are appealing for witnesses following a horrific hit and run collision in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Dec. 28 at approximately 9:45 p.m., the driver of a 2017 Dodge Challenger was seen travelling at a high rate of speed on Chinguacousy Road and Charolais Boulevard before losing control of the vehicle.
The vehicle subsequently mounted a center median before striking a railway crossing indicator and colliding with another vehicle travelling northbound on Chinguacousy Road.
Police say evidence suggests this collision was the result of a racing incident.
Officers say the suspect vehicle is a Dodge Charger which was seen fleeing southbound on Chinguacousy Road at a high rate of speed.
The driver of the Dodge Challenger, a 20-year-old Kingston man, was transported to a Toronto trauma centre. Police say he remains in critical condition.
The driver and passenger in the second vehicle were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the drivers and the Dodge Charger involved prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police investigating incident at Brampton school
- Police investigating murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Highway lane blocked due to a collision in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Man Seriously Injured in Hit and Run in Brampton
- UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton
- Peel Police Looking for Witnesses Following Collision Investigation
- Police Seeking Witnesses Following Hit and Run in Brampton
- Police Appeal for Witnesses in Fatal Brampton Collision