Police Seeking Witnesses After Man Seriously Injured in Hit and Run in Brampton
Police are appealing to witnesses after an allegedly at-fault driver fled the scene of a multi-vehicle crash in Brampton.
Peel police report that on Aug. 23 at approximately 6:10 a.m., a black Dodge Caravan was travelling northbound on Airport Road south of Coventry Road when it was was rear-ended by an unknown vehicle. The collision caused the Caravan to cross over the center median into the southbound lanes of Airport Road, where it collided with a black Honda Accord and a black Acura MDX. A black Ford F150 pick-up truck was also struck.
The driver of the suspect vehicle failed to remain at the scene and continued northbound on Airport Road.
As a result of the collision, the driver of the Honda Accord, a 52-year-old Brampton man, was transported to a Toronto Trauma Centre with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The other drivers were all transported to local hospital with minor injuries.
Evidence recovered at the scene has led investigators to believe that the suspect vehicle may be blue in colour.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have witnessed the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or who may have information regarding the actions of any involved vehicles prior to, or after the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Feds pledge $276 million for affordable housing in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Brampton Hit and Run Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Crash Which Killed Brampton Man
- Witnesses Sought After Brampton Crash Injures Two
- Driver transported to trauma centre after multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses Following Hit and Run in Brampton