Police Seize Firearms, Arrest Two Males in Brampton
Two people are facing firearm-related charges after a recent investigation.
The incident happened at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, August 24, when police conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle in the area of Tomken Road and Steeles Avenue.
Two males were subsequently arrested, at which time it was discovered they were in possession of firearms, police say.
Dyllan Ali, an 18 year old Caledon resident, is charged with eight firearm-related offences.
The second male, a 17 year old from Bolton (name withheld under the Youth Criminal Justice Act), is charged with eight firearm-related offences and one charge under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Both males were held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with further information is asked to call 905-453-2121, ext. 7704.
Photos courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday