Police Seize Loaded Gun From House in Brampton
Two people are facing charges following the alleged seizure of a loaded firearm from a Brampton home.
Peel police report that in the early morning hours of Jan. 4, officers executed a residential search warrant in the Willerton Close and Velonia Drive area.
During the search, a loaded .22 calibre handgun along with a quantity of ammunition was allegedly seized. Two adults were subsequently arrested and charged.
Police charged 35-year-old Brampton man Nazzareno Joseph Ellul and 38-year-old Brampton woman Shauna Pettitt multiple offenses, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded or restricted firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and more.
Police say Ellul was also charged with failing to comply with recognizance.
The accused were held pending a bail hearing on Jan. 4.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to call the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Unit at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2233.
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- City of Brampton unveils new park name sign
- Overnight stabbing in Brampton prompts police inviestigation
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19