Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville
Halton Police recently seized a loaded handgun, drugs, and cash following a traffic stop in Oakville.
On June 20, 2019, at 3:00 a.m., officers were conducting traffic enforcement in Oakville, when they observed a vehicle travelling 160 km/h in the westbound lanes of the QEW near Third Line.
Police say officers followed the vehicle off the QEW at Dorval Drive and conducted a traffic stop near the intersection of Dorval Drive and Speers Road.
While investigating the driver for stunt driving, officers saw a small amount of cannabis that was in plain view.
The driver (Tristen Mason Passee) was placed under arrest for stunt driving and for having care or control of a vehicle with cannabis readily available contrary to the cannabis act.
However, a subsequent search of the vehicle officers discovered a loaded handgun, crack cocaine, and over $10,000 cash.
The accused and the passenger were placed under arrest and transported to the Oakville police station pending further investigation.
The accused, a 23-year-old from Brampton, is facing the following alleged charges:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Tampering with serial number
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
The accused was also charged with several alleged highway traffic act charges including stunt driving and cannabis act charges.
The passenger was later released unconditionally.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact Det. Ron Wright of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2284.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton Men Arrested for Carrying Guns and Drugs at Traffic Stop
- Traffic Stop Leads to Several Charges and Arrest of Brampton Man
- Police Seize Loaded Gun During Traffic Stop Just Outside Brampton