Police Warning Against Drunk Driving After Bizarre Crash in Brampton
Peel police are warning people not to drink and drive following back-to-back collisions in Brampton and Mississauga—one of which involved, of all things, a golf cart.
Peel police Const. Lori Murphy said the first crash, which involved an allegedly impaired driver colliding with some shrubbery, occurred in the Heart Lake Road and Countryside Drive area in Brampton.
The driver was transported to hospital with minor injuries.
Shortly before midnight, police reported that another reportedly impaired driver was arrested. Murphy said the driver, who blew three times over the legal limit, was actually driving a golf cart of the time of the arrest.
He was stopped by officers in the Glen Erin and Meadowvale Town Centre Circle area.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
- Brampton Resident Enjoying Significant Lotto Win
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Brampton Man With Outstanding Robbery Warrants
- PHOTOS: Have a Look at Brampton's First Community Iftar
- A Brampton Student is Looking For Help to Attend Harvard In An Interesting Way
- Reportedly Impaired Driver Involved in Collision in Brampton
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Ignoring Police Road Block in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Two Reportedly Impaired Drivers Back to Back
- Impaired Driver Sustains Serious Injuries in Collision in Brampton
- Suspected Impaired Driver Hits Pole in Brampton