Police Warning Against Drunk Driving After Bizarre Crash in Brampton
Peel police are warning people not to drink and drive following back-to-back collisions in Brampton and Mississauga—one of which involved, of all things, a golf cart.
Peel police Const. Lori Murphy said the first crash, which involved an allegedly impaired driver colliding with some shrubbery, occurred in the Heart Lake Road and Countryside Drive area in Brampton.
The driver was transported to hospital with minor injuries.
Shortly before midnight, police reported that another reportedly impaired driver was arrested. Murphy said the driver, who blew three times over the legal limit, was actually driving a golf cart of the time of the arrest.
He was stopped by officers in the Glen Erin and Meadowvale Town Centre Circle area.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies
- Reportedly Impaired Driver Involved in Collision in Brampton
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Ignoring Police Road Block in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Two Reportedly Impaired Drivers Back to Back
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Impaired Driver Sustains Serious Injuries in Collision in Brampton