Police Warning Brampton Residents That Fraudsters Could Have Come to Their Houses
Peel Police are warning Brampton residents about a fraud that impacted an area of Toronto.
Toronto Police have been investigating this fraud.
According to Toronto Police, it is alleged that a man ran a business named SRA & Associates, and that he conducted door-to-door sales from August 2018 to September 2018 in the Jane Street and Lawrence Avenue West area.
However, Peel Police believe that there could also be victims in Brampton.
On Jan. 24 Rayan Ahmed, 38, of Ajax, was charged with alleged fraud over $5,000.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
. @TorontoPolice has charged a 38 yr-old-man, Rayan Ahmed, for Fraud in relation to door-to-door sales. It is believed there may be more victims that reside in our Region. If you have any information please contact Toronto investigators at 416-808-1200. Media release below: https://t.co/vtmLpkz5FL— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) January 28, 2019
Photo is courtesy of Toronto Police.
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Toronto Police Arrest Alleged Child Predator With Connection To Peel Region
- SCAM ALERT: Police Warn of GTA Fraud and Extortion Schemes
- Peel Police Searching For Man Involved In Huge Real Estate Fraud
- Retired Peel Police Officer Charged in Fraud Case
- WARNING: Debit Card Fraud In Taxi Cabs in Brampton