Police Warning Public About Suspect Impersonating Police Officer in Mississauga and Brampton
Peel Police have issued a public safety alert this afternoon.
Police say they’ve recently received at least four reports of an unknown person pretending to be a police officer in Peel Region.
“This person would then ask the complainant to place valuable property outside their front door,” police say.
According to police, the suspect appears to be targeting elderly Polish-speaking residents.
Residents are reminded that the police will never request them to do what the suspect is requesting.
Anyone with further information regarding these incidents should contact police at 905-453-3311.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Police investigating a vehicle stolen in Brampton that had a dog in the back
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam" In Brampton
- Police Seeking Suspect After Property Stolen from Brampton Home
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Police Issue Public Safety Warning to Brampton Residents
- Police seeking public's assistance in identifying suspect responsible for multiple arsons