Pop Superstar Lights Will Headline Brampton's Canada Day Celebration
Brampton’s Canada Day celebrations have just got even more exciting!
The City has announced that this year's headliner is JUNO-winning Canadian singer/songwriter, Lights!
Canada Day celebrations take place on Monday, July 1 at Chinguacousy Park. Attendees can enjoy gourmet food, craft beer, family-friendly activities, a spectacular fireworks show and exciting stage performances.
The event will take place from noon to 10 pm. Activities will be hosted in the Community Area (presented by Brampton Automall) throughout the day, with games, crafts, art installations, photo opportunities, community art projects, and more.
Attendees can also visit the splash pad and the petting zoo, play a round of mini-golf, or take a relaxing paddle boat ride during the day. These family-friendly amenities will be open from noon to 6 pm.
Mainstage performances begin at 6 pm with Brampton Arts Walk of Fame inductee and five-time JUNO Award-winner, Exco Levi and High Priest.
Canadian pop-duo Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine, will open for alt-pop sensation Lights, who will headline the show.
AThe events will end with a spectacular fireworks display presented by Tim Hortons at 10 pm.
New this year, two food zones will feature a range of global flavours with gourmet food trucks, vendors and a craft beer garden.
To meet the standards of the city’s Green City initiatives, vendors will be using environmentally-friendly alternatives for food packaging.
Guests are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle with them to take advantage of the many water refill stations throughout the park.
"I invite all residents to come out and celebrate Brampton's Mosaic community at Canada's 152nd birthday,” said Mayor Patrick Brown. “The day will be packed with exciting activities presented by local artists and organizations, outstanding Canadian performers, delicious international food flavours and a thrilling fireworks display. Show your Canadian pride, and enjoy an amazing day at Brampton's flagship park."
For more information, you can visit www.brampton.ca/canadaday.
Cover photo courtesy of Lights Instagram
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- City of Brampton issues eight physical distancing fines
- SIU investigating fatal shooting of 26-year-old-man in Brampton
- Pedestrian in life-threatening condition after being struck by a vehicle in Brampton
- City of Brampton requesting help from foreign-trained doctors amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Major Updates Coming To Brampton's Canada Day Celebrations
- Last Chance for Brampton Artists and Food Vendors to Apply for Canada Day Celebrations
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Brampton with this popular Canadian band
- Road Closures In Effect During Brampton's Canada Day Celebrations
- Brampton Hosting Numerous Events For Its Diverse Community