Popular Brampton Hot Spot Re-Opens
If you were disappointed that you could no longer ski Mount Chinguacousy, we have great news for you—the city has decided to re-open the hill for residents who want to make the best of the remaining winter days.
The city recently announced that the mountain will be open from now until Sunday, March 19.
If you have the week off (or you're just hoping to get some last minute skiing in this weekend), note that you can head over for drop-in skiing and snowboarding lessons or enjoy a quick slide down the tube hill.
The hill is open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
As far as housekeeping rules go, the city says that personal equipment must be stored in the racks provided outside the chalet, that snowboards must have a snowboard leash and full metal edge (plastic snowboards are not permitted) and skis must have a sku brake. Also, helmets are mandatory for all program participants and walking on the slopes is prohibited.
To learn more, click here.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Road closed due to collision between car and truck in Brampton