Popular Gardening Event Coming to Brampton Soon
Whether you like to garden, you love plants, or you’re curious to take up a new hobby, spring is around the corner and with that comes this free gardening event! Spring is less than three weeks away, Brampton.
Brampton’s getting its sixth annual Seedy Saturday & Garden Show on Saturday March 10, 2018, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Century Gardens Recreation Centre.
Communities across the GTA and beyond host Seedy Saturdays, which are basically seed-swapping events often complimented by free seminars and other fun plant-related activities. Cambridge, Newmarket, Ottawa, and Toronto are just some of the cities in Ontario having Seedy Saturdays of their own in March, too.
Here in Brampton, the Seedy Saturday & Garden Show is set to host free seminars, over 25 vendors, give residents a chance to buy seeds, and participate in a classic Seedy Saturday seed swap. There will also be a kids’ zone and a Seedy Cafe.
Here is the list of seminars you can attend, courtesy of the City:
- 10:10-10:50 a.m. Growing Gardens from Seeds in Small Spaces
- 11-11:45 a.m. Unusual and Interesting Plants for your Veggie Garden
- 12-12:45 p.m. Bee Friendly Pollinator Gardens
- 1-1:45 p.m. Butterflies, Bugs and other Beasts and their Lives
- 2-2:45 p.m. The Modern Environmental Gardens of Singapore
Used gardening books will also be for sale, and attendees will have a chance to ask an expert anything about gardening.
And..the first 100 visitors get a free plant! So you’ll want to arrive early.
Almost 97 Seedy Saturdays are happening in cities across Canada from March through May. Brampton’s event is hosted by the Brampton Horticultural Society and the City of Brampton.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton