Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
If you enjoy eating salad, you might want to double-check your fridge. A recall for certain salad products is in effect.
Fresh Taste Produce Ltd. has issued a recall of 794 G (28 OZ) Eat Smart brand: Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag kits, due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The recall is in effect in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec.
Consumers should not consume the recalled products, which have an expiry date of July 17, 2019, identified on them.
This recall was a result of a Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products as well.
At this point, there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
CFIA advises anyone who thinks they became sick from consuming the recalled product should call a doctor. Recalled products should either be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, seniors and people with weakened immune systems are at a higher risk. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
Photos courtesy of CFIA
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Traffic light outage in Brampton causing delays
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Brampton Due to Possible Contamination
- Peanut spread recalled due to possible Listeria contamination: CFIA
- Cheese product recalled due to possible contamination
- Longo's Chicken Wraps Recalled for Possible Listeria
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria