Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
If you enjoy eating salad, you might want to double-check your fridge. A recall for certain salad products is in effect.
Fresh Taste Produce Ltd. has issued a recall of 794 G (28 OZ) Eat Smart brand: Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag kits, due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The recall is in effect in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec.
Consumers should not consume the recalled products, which have an expiry date of July 17, 2019, identified on them.
This recall was a result of a Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products as well.
At this point, there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
CFIA advises anyone who thinks they became sick from consuming the recalled product should call a doctor. Recalled products should either be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, seniors and people with weakened immune systems are at a higher risk. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
Photos courtesy of CFIA
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Crashing Pick Up Truck into Tree
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Brampton Due to Possible Contamination
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Popular Chicken Nuggets Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Brampton
- Cauliflower and Lettuce Products Recalled for Possible Contamination in Brampton