Popular Sikh Fashion Influencer Coming to PAMA Soon
A very popular fashonista is coming to Brampton, to celebrate her new exhibit being held at PAMA.
Karan Kaur is a Sikh, Australian fashion and lifestyle influencer with over 34,000 followers on instagram. She believes that fashion is an artform, and is showing just how it can be with her exhibit which recently launched at the Peel Art Gallery, Museum Archives.
Her goal of her exhibit: Karan Kaur: The Style of Life, is to question Sikh traditions in regards to dress and lifestyle, as well as to explore ways in which new ideas about fashion and living, as part of the Sikh community, are changing.
“Fashion isn’t just about looking pretty, it’s about the freedom to express and the right to [your] own body," Kaur says. "I want to show Sikh women it’s okay to be stylish and fashionable while still being religious.”
You can meet Karan Kaur in person at the free reception at her exhibition the Saturday April 20, at 12:30pm.
Karan Kaur: The Style of Life is currently open to the public now until June 9, 2019, at PAMA.
For more information on Karan Kaur you can check out her instagram page:
Cover photo courtesy of Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives.
- Popular ISP Launches New Cheap TV Service Across Ontario
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- PHOTOS: A Slew Of Luxurious Townhomes Are Under Construction In Brampton
- Peel Police 'Can't Believe' They Have to Tell Brampton Residents Not to Car Surf
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks