Potato Chips Recalled Due to Salmonella
Brampton residents should be aware of a recent food recall affecting consumers in Ontario and beyond.
On Friday, April 21, Miss Vickie's Canada began recalling its brand of Jalapeno Kettle Cooked Potato Chips due to possible Salmonella contamination.
The recall applies to all sizes of this product with expiry dates up to and including June 20, 2017.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick with symptoms including fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
Consumers are advised to check and see if they have recalled product in their home, and either throw it out or return it to the store it was purchased from.
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Car rental company established in 1918 files for bankruptcy due to COVID-19
- Why is Bramalea Divided into Letter Sections?
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,930 total cases found in Brampton
- Is using cards over cash helping prevent the spread of COVID-19