Potential snow showers on Halloween in Brampton
This just in, this year's "it" Halloween costume is... a snowman?
If you haven't yet purchased a Halloween costume, you might want to look for something that comes with a jacket--preferably a warm one--because it looks like Brampton might be getting snow this Halloween.
The reason: a typhoon halfway around the world. More specifically, a super typhoon--with wind speeds of 240 km/h--that hit Tokyo earlier this month.
The result is a cold wave that is expected to sweep through the Great Lakes region of southern Ontario and could result in colder temperatures and snow the last week of October and into early November, according to Doug Gillham, a meteorologist for the Weather Network.
Currently, there is a chance of snow showers in the morning and afternoon on Halloween with temperatures expected to be around 8 degrees in Brampton.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton