Quebec government reveals nearly 50 educational institutions struck by COVID-19
The Quebec government has unveiled a list of nearly 50 educational institutions that have had at least one COVID-19 case in the past week.
The schools listed include preschool, elementary, secondary, as well as adult career centres reporting one or more infections between Aug. 26 and Sept. 3.
Eighteen of those institutions reported a COVID-19 case on Thursday alone.
Health Minister Christian Dube said Friday the numbers need to be put into context, given the thousands of different educational institutions in the province.
He said in general, Quebec's back-to-school plan has been successful.
Dube also mentioned the COVID-19 infections in the list have come as a result of community transmission and not from within the schools.
On Friday, Quebec reported 184 cases of COVID-19 and one new death. It is the second consecutive day where the province has had more than 180 positive cases.
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Lecce aims to reassure parents after Quebec schools see 47 COVID cases
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 15
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Peel District schools with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 13, 2020