Rain Alert in Effect for Brampton
A special weather statement is officially in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caleton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely Good Friday and Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario.
The weather agency says that although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas.
The rainfall warning criterion of 50 millimetres of rain within 24 hours is not expected to be reached in general.
At this point it looks like the rain will end in time for Easter Sunday morning.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths