Rain Alert in Effect for Brampton
A special weather statement is officially in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caleton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely Good Friday and Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario.
The weather agency says that although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas.
The rainfall warning criterion of 50 millimetres of rain within 24 hours is not expected to be reached in general.
At this point it looks like the rain will end in time for Easter Sunday morning.
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood
- Police searching for two suspects associated with a robbery in Brampton