Rainfall Warning Continues in Brampton
A rainfall warning issued by Environment Canada remains in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, and the surrounding Greater Toronto Area.
“Rain, at times heavy, continues,” reads the warning.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall.”
Totals of 50 mm to 90 mm of rain are expected through Saturday.
Rain is predicted to taper to showers on Saturday night.
Here are rainfall totals as of 6 a.m.:
- Hamilton Airport: 44.0 mm
- Downtown Toronto: 28.3 mm
- Vineland: 28.5 mm
- C.F.B. Borden: 14.5 mm
- Cobourg: 32.2 mm
Localized flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
If visibility is reduced while driving, Peel Police are advising to turn on your lights, slow down, and leave space.
Avoid driving through water on roads — even shallow, fast-moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle or a person away.
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Brampton
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Top 5 Swankiest Restaurants in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- An Adorable Historic Love Story Happened Just Outside of Brampton