Rainfall Warning in Effect for Brampton
Heavy rain across Brampton, Mississauga, and surrounding areas has prompted a rainfall warning from Environment Canada on Thursday morning.
An estimated 40 mm to 70 mm of rain is expected through Saturday.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall,” reads the warning.
Rain will hit the region Thursday afternoon and is forecast to persist through Saturday as the weather system responsible stalls over the region.
The rain is expected to taper to showers Saturday night.
Sunshine is predicted to return on Monday with a high of 11 C.
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Man in trauma centre following collision in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway