Rainfall Warning in Effect for Brampton
Heavy rain across Brampton, Mississauga, and surrounding areas has prompted a rainfall warning from Environment Canada on Thursday morning.
An estimated 40 mm to 70 mm of rain is expected through Saturday.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall,” reads the warning.
Rain will hit the region Thursday afternoon and is forecast to persist through Saturday as the weather system responsible stalls over the region.
The rain is expected to taper to showers Saturday night.
Sunshine is predicted to return on Monday with a high of 11 C.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Will COVID-19 affect Brampton house prices?
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton up to 137 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton