Raptors 905 Championship Schedule Announced
What a time to be alive in the 905 because championship basketball is coming to Peel this week.
It only took two seasons for the Raptors 905 to become a juggernaut in the NBA D-League. Now they'll face the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in a best-of-three series for the D-League crown in Texas this Sunday.
The 905 will be going into the championships with great momentum and no losses in the playoffs.
The squad took down the Maine Red Claws for the Eastern Conference title on Tuesday. That same day Head Coach Jerry Stackhouse was named the D-League Coach of the Year. And All-Star centre Edy Tavares, a newly minted Cleveland Cavalier and the second 905'er to sign a short term NBA contract, earned the D-League Defensive Player of the Year award.
All-Star guard-forward Axel Toupane was picked up by the New Orleans Pelicans for the rest of the season just a few days before Tavares.
The championship matchup won't be completely unexplored territory for the 905.
Both teams met only once this season. The 905 hold the advantage with a 104-93 victory for that game.
Game 1 will tip off in Texas at 8 p.m. on April 23. Game 2, and Game 3 if necessary, will be held at the Hershey Centre on April 25 and 27 at 7 p.m.
All games will be live streamed on Youtube and Facebook.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Feds pledge $276 million for affordable housing in Brampton