Raptors 905 Sign Rookie Centre
Here’s some basketball news to start the weekend!
The Raptors 905 announced that rookie centre Jakob Poeltl was assigned to the D-League team today via Twitter.
While there was no question that Poeltl would spend a significant amount of time with the 905, it did come as a surprise as to how long the Raptors kept him with the squad. He especially came in handy at the very beginning of the season when he filled in for the recovering Jared Sullinger, giving starting centre Jonas Valanciunas a breather.
In eight games Poeltl averaged 3.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and shot 46.2 per cent from the field and 75 per cent from the free throw line.
Not bad for a rookie learning the ropes of the NBA.
The 905 are in action today with a home game against the Atlantic Division's Maine Red Claws (4-2) at 2 p.m. The 905 have played three less games than the Red Claws but are undefeated to start their season.
It is uncertain if Poeltl will be in the building or eligible to play in the game since the Raptors were in Milwaukee Friday night for a 105-99 win over the Bucks.
Photo courtesy of NBA.com
- DISTURBING CONTENT: Peel Police Investigating Vandalized Sign In Brampton
- Lanes Blocked Following Three-Vehicle Collision in Brampton
- Brampton Public School In Hold And Secure Due To Robbery
- MISSING: Police Looking for 11 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Suspect Arrested Following Criminal Harassment Investigation in Brampton