Regional Coroner Announces Investigation Into Death At Brampton Construction Site
Regional Supervising Coroner for Central Region Dr. Kenneth Peckham announced that an inquest will be held into the death of Richard Reid.
On August 9, 2016, Reid, 60, was working at a Brampton construction site where he was reportedly crushed during movement of a vehicle and died. The incident occurred on McLaughlin Road south of Williams Parkway.
An inquest is mandatory under the Coroners Act.
The inquest will examine the circumstances surrounding Reid’s death. The jury may make recommendations aimed at preventing future deaths.
Details regarding the date and location will be provided at a later date when the information becomes available. Dr. Mara Goldstein will preside as inquest coroner and Shanna Ferrone will be counsel to the coroner.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Police investigating fire in Brampton
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Regional Coroner To Investigate Death Of Brampton Construction Worker
- Nursing Home Found Negligent in Death of Elderly Brampton Woman
- UPDATE: Police believe suspicious death in Brampton the result of a homicide
- Peel Regional Police investigating suspicious death in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Massive Fire Breaks Out at Brampton Construction Site