Regional Coroner Announces Investigation Into Death At Brampton Construction Site
Regional Supervising Coroner for Central Region Dr. Kenneth Peckham announced that an inquest will be held into the death of Richard Reid.
On August 9, 2016, Reid, 60, was working at a Brampton construction site where he was reportedly crushed during movement of a vehicle and died. The incident occurred on McLaughlin Road south of Williams Parkway.
An inquest is mandatory under the Coroners Act.
The inquest will examine the circumstances surrounding Reid’s death. The jury may make recommendations aimed at preventing future deaths.
Details regarding the date and location will be provided at a later date when the information becomes available. Dr. Mara Goldstein will preside as inquest coroner and Shanna Ferrone will be counsel to the coroner.
- What NOT to Call 911 For in Peel Region
- Man and Woman Charged After Police Seize Guns and Drugs from Brampton Home
- House of the Week: $1.8 Mil Luxurious Mansion With Backyard Resort
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Nearly 500 Students in Brampton
- Brampton Native Ex-NHL Defenceman Will Be The First Canadian On Survivor