Residents Warned of Major Canada's Wonderland Ticket Scam
Summer is the perfect time to spend the day at an epic amusement park, and it can be exciting to find discounted tickets. But if you’re planning a trip to Canada’s Wonderland this summer, you’ll want to be careful of where you purchase your tickets.
Ticket scams are not uncommon, and now, the GTA’s most popular theme park is warning park-goers of fake tickets circulating on Facebook.
According to The Canadian Press, fake social media posts are advertising heavily discounted tickets.
Canada’s Wonderland warns that these offers and websites are not sponsored by the company in any way, and there was a similar scheme spreading across WhatsApp.
The fraudulent posts say that you can get five free tickets to the park, linking to “wonderland-ca.win”.
According to The Canadian Press, the link leads to a web page to complete an online survey, then tells you to share the link to get the free tickets.
Here’s what the posts look like:
York Regional Police have been notified of the scam, according to The Canadian Press.
So if you’re planning to go to Canada’s Wonderland this summer, it’s best to purchase tickets from sellers you can be sure are legitimate.
Those include the official website, at the Canada's Wonderland front gate or from authorized ticket dealers, which include Costco, Perkopolis and Venngo.
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Brampton Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Traffic Lights Reportedly Out in Brampton After Vehicle Hits Pole
- Police Seeking to Identify Three Robbery Suspects in Brampton
- UPDATE: Five Year Old Child Located
- Daycare Worker Handed Prison Sentence Following Peel Regional Police Investigation
- SCAM ALERT: Police Warn About Fraudulent Tickets and Parking Passes in the GTA
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Canada's Wonderland is Getting a Massive Winter Festival
- Canada's Wonderland is Getting its Own Hotel
- UPDATE: Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Opening Soon at Canada's Wonderland