R.I.D.E. Out in Full Force for Super Bowl Weekend in Brampton
If you have big Super Bowl plans this weekend, you should be aware that R.I.D.E. will be out in full force (not that you would drink and drive, anyways!).
Peel police recently announced that Reducing Impaired Driving Everywhere (R.I.D.E.) checks will be conducted by Road Safety Services over the weekend, starting on Saturday, Feb. 4 and persisting into Sunday, Feb. 5.
Police are advising residents to drink responsibly and to take an alternate mode of transportation (such as a taxi or bus) if they cannot safely operate a vehicle. Police are also advising football fans to pick a DD and ensure he or she doesn't slip and drink too much (and if he or she does, they recommend calling a cab).
"Impaired driving is no accident," the Peel police release reads. "It is one of the leading causes of criminal death in Canada that can be avoided by planning ahead. If you see an impaired driver call the police using 9-1-1 services as soon as you can do so safely."
Stay safe and have a great Super Bowl weekend, everyone!
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- 5 Amazing Places for a Girls' Weekend Getaway Outside Brampton
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- Two Brampton men charged in massive firearm-related investigation
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel