Road Closure in Brampton to Take Note of
A road closure in Brampton may impact some commutes this morning (April 1).
According to police, Rutherford Road South between Selby Road and Glidden Road is currently closed.
Police say a dump truck took out some wires near the intersection.
A hydro pole was damaged.
Police are still waiting for various services to complete repairs.
There is no word on whether there are any injuries at this time.
We will provide updates as they become available.
ROAD CLOSURE: Rutherford Rd S between Selby Rd & Glidden Rd. Dump truck took out some wires near the intersection of #Brampton . Hydro pole damaged. #PRP still waiting for various services to complete repairs. Please find alternate routes this morning. Call received at 3:59am. pic.twitter.com/MwicyNZk9Q— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) April 1, 2019
UPDATE: Roadways have reopened at Rutherford Rd S and Glidden Road #Brampton. Thank you for your patience.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) April 1, 2019
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton