Road Closures and Parking for Canada Day in Brampton
With Canada Day fast approaching, sections of certain roads near Chinguacousy Park will be closed to accommodate the celebrations.
The following road closures will be in effect:
From 9 a.m. on July 1 to midnight on July 2, 2017:
- Goodwood Road from Bramalea Road to Goldcrest Road
From 10 a.m. on July 1 to midnight on July 2, 2017:
- Central Park Drive from Hanover Road to Hilldale Crescent (easterly most intersection)
From 10 a.m. on July 1 to 1 a.m. on July 2, 2017:
- Queen Street from Central Park Drive to Bramalea Road
From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on July 1, 2017:
- Queen Street (Westbound lanes only) from Glenvale Boulevard to Bramalea Road
- Queen Street (Eastbound lanes only) from Dixie Road to Central Park Drive
From 8 p.m. on July 1 to midnight on July 2, 2017:
- Queen Street (both directions) from Glenvale Boulevard to Bramalea Road
- Queen Street (both directions) from Dixie Road to Central Park Drive
- Bramalea Road (both directions) from Kensington Road to Central Park Drive
- Central Park Drive (both directions) from Kensington Road to Hanover Road
From 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on July 1, 2017:
- Central Park Drive, from Hilldale Crescent (southernmost intersection) to Bramalea Road
There will be additional “No Parking” emergency lanes will be implemented for the duration of the event on the following road to ensure continued access for Fire and Emergency vehicles:
- Goldcrest Road from Central Park Drive to Glenvale Boulevard
Limited parking will be available for $20 per vehicle at Chinguacousy Park, first-come, first-serve.
A few alternative parking locations near Chinguacousy Park are as follows:
- Bramalea City Centre
- Brampton Civic Centre
- Greenbriar Recreation Centre
- Hanover Public School
- Hilldale Public School
- Howden Recreation Centre
- Lester B. Pearson Catholic School
- St. Jean Brebeuf Catholic School
- Terry Miller Recreation Centre
Residents are encouraged to walk, bike, or take transit.
Free shuttle service to and from the park will be available at Mount Pleasant GO station, Trinity Common Terminal, Gore Meadows Community Centre, and Sheridan College.
Buses will run on a Saturday schedule on July 1 and transit stores will be closed.
Buses will also run on a Saturday schedule on July 3 and transit stores will be open.
For more info on accommodations for Canada Day celebrations, click here.