Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
A water leak will prompt some temporary road closures in Brampton.
The Brampton BIA recently announced that city staff found a water leak on Diplock Lane adjacent to Nelson Square parking garage.
The BIA says water has also been found leaking through the wall inside the electrical room in the city’s Nelson Square parking garage.
“Upon investigation by the contractor, we have noticed that the leak was originating from an underground water supply line that feeds the parking garage,” the BIA wrote in a letter to residents.
“The contractor has located the shutoff valve, and as a result, washroom and sprinkler systems in the garage will be impacted by this shut-off.”
The BIA says the Region of Peel has been informed and that the contractor will be trying to isolate the water supply and perform repairs today (Feb. 20).
Road closures and excavation will be required to perform repairs along Diplock Lane.
The BIA says staff are working to fix the problem by end of day and return to normal operations ASAP.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- 60-year-old Brampton man succumbs to COVID-19
- Region of Peel ‘accidentally’ mails wrong COVID-19 test results to 16 people