Schools and Daycare Under Hold and Secure, Armed Suspects on Loose in Brampton
Two schools and a daycare are under hold and secure following a home invasion in Brampton.
Peel police recently announced that Hanover Public Elementary School, Lester B Pearson Catholic Elementary School and Howden Park Daycare are under hold and secure.
Tactical and K9 units are currently investigating in the Queen Street and Central Park Drive area. Police are reporting that two suspects are at large. One is armed with a gun and another with a knife.
The first suspect is described as a 5’10” black male with a full beard and construction jacket and shoes. The second suspect is described as a thin black male who is also wearing construction clothes.
Both suspects fled on foot in an unknown direction.
Residents are asked to avoid area while police track the suspects.
No injuries have been reported.
UPDATE: The hold and secures have been lifted.
UPDATE: The suspects are still at large.
Peel police initially announced that Hanover was under lockdown, but have since announced that the school is under hold and secure. We apologize for any confusion.
1/2 LOCKDOWN Hanover PES, HOLD and SECURE Lester B. Pearson, Howden Park Daycare, Tactical, K9 and Uniform in the area re Home Invasion— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) February 21, 2017
- Brampton School and Daycare Under Hold and Secure
- Police Tracking Suspect in Brampton, School Under Hold and Secure
- Brampton School Placed Under Hold and Secure While Police Search for Armed Suspect
- UPDATED: Schools Under Lockdown, Hold and Secure in Brampton
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure Near Brampton Border