UPDATED: Schools Under Lockdown, Hold and Secure in Brampton
At least one school is in lockdown and six more are under hold and secure after reports of a gun call in Brampton on Wednesday.
Peel police reported the incident just before 1 p.m.
They’re on scene near Roberts Cres. and Bartley Bull Pkwy. - in the Kennedy Rd. S. and Steeles Ave. E. area - for a possible gun call.
The following school is in lockdown: Peel Alternative North School.
Tactical officers are on scene.
The following schools are in hold and secure: Sir Wilfrid Laurier PS, Parkway PS, Helen Wilson PS, William G. Davis PS, St Francis Xavier Catholic School, and Alpha Daycare.
UPDATED: As of around 2 p.m. the lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- UPDATED: Schools in Lockdown and Hold and Secure After Gun Reportedly Seen in Brampton
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure Near Brampton Border
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Brampton
- UPDATED: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Stabbing in Brampton
- UPDATED: Schools in Hold and Secure for Possible Gun Call in Brampton