Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
A second employee at a Sobeys in Brampton, located at 10970 Airport Road, has tested positive for COVID-19.
Earlier this month, Sobeys announced its first confirmed COVID-19 case at the same location.
The case was confirmed on the company's website, where they have been tracking all cases at their stores.
According to the website, the employee’s last day was May 15 and the case was reported on May 22, 2020.
“Out of respect for our teammates and their confidentiality, we will never release any personal information about our people,” said a statement on their website.
"We will always do everything we can to support our teammates and ensure their safety. Where required, we will communicate with customers who have shopped in the impacted location, with store signage, outlining our steps to manage the situation."
- What you need to know about Brampton's new mandatory mask bylaw
- Brampton's new campaign to provide free face masks to families
- Brampton considered 'risk area' for Lyme disease
- Business owners on their own when it comes to mask bylaw enforcement
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton
- Employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Brampton McDonald's tests positive for COVID-19
- 347 new COVID-19 case reported in Ontario, 1,050 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- BREAKING: Amazon warehouse employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- 640 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 894 total cases confirmed in Brampton