Select Brampton Library locations reopening
Brampton Library has announced three of its branches will be reopening for select services starting next week.
As of September 8, the Chinguacousy, Four Corners and Springdale locations will be open for holds pickup, computer/Wi-Fi use and printing.
These locations will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and 4 to 5:30 p.m.; and on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., and 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Additionally, as of September 9, curbside pickup will be expanded for the Cyril Clark, Gore Meadows, Mount Pleasant Village, South Fletcher's and South West Branch locations; it will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
"These past few months have been challenging for all of us and we have missed seeing you in our branches. Taken together, in-branch and curbside service gives you the flexibility to pick up your borrowable materials at all eight branches of Brampton Library and return them at your convenience through our 24-hour external drop boxes," Jaipaul Massey-Singh, Brampton Library Board Chair and Susan Bartoletta, Brampton Library Interim CEO said on the Library's blog.
In order to ensure both customers and staff can utilize the space safely, Brampton Library has introduced the following protocols in collaboration with the City of Brampton:
- During hours of operation at the three reopening branches, the public will be asked to leave every 90 minutes for cleaning breaks
- Plexi-glass shields have been installed at all service points
- In compliance with the City of Brampton Mandatory Mask Bylaw, everyone must wear a mask in all Library buildings
- Everyone is asked to self-monitor for symptoms of illness and not enter a Library branch if feeling unwell
Further, customers can reserve items online with their Brampton Library card number and PIN--items can be picked at any of Brampton Library's eight locations.
All services are being offered on first-come, first-serve basis, and customers are encouraged to check the website for updates.
Cover photo courtesy of Brampton Library via Instagram
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway