Service changes in effect for Brampton Transit in response to COVID-19
Brampton Transit is making some changes amid the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure it is serving the community safely.
Beginning on March 23, Brampton Transit will introduce free fares and there will be enhanced service from Monday through Friday. This will include additional service on some routes and earlier morning trips on select routes.
On weekends, Brampton Transit will continue regular Saturday and Sunday service.
Brampton Transit terminals and its contact centre will maintain regular hours of operation.
To reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in the community, Brampton Transit will implement certain measures.
Busloads will now be limited to half seated capacity to support social distancing practices. Seats will also be blocked with yellow tape and passengers are asked to not sit in these seats.
On busier routes, articulated buses will be put in place to assist with passengers' ability to maintain social distancing while on board. This means that Zum articulated buses may be seen on regular routes, so it is important to pay attention to the destination signs on the buses.
An enhanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule remains in effect.
Brampton Transit's goal is to disinfect all hard surfaces, operator compartments and seats every 48 hours.
Facilities and terminals that have hard surfaces will be wiped down and disinfected on a daily basis.
Riders are also encouraged to carry their own personal disinfectant when travelling, such as hand sanitizer or wipes, and wash their hands often.
The City of Brampton is working closely with its partners at Peel Public Health and the Brampton Emergency Measures Office to continue to monitor risks.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Customer service counters at Brampton transit terminals to close amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Service changes affecting schedules for Brampton transit amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Service changes affecting Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak