Seven Teens Charged in Brampton Robbery Involving Gun
Seven Brampton teens are facing charges in relation to an armed robbery at a Brampton mall.
The group of suspects approached two victims at Bramalea City Centre on March 17 at 4:50 p.m.
One of the suspects “showed the victims the butt of a firearm and made a demand for cash,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Paolo Carretta.
The suspects fled in and around the mall.
The victims, who gave up a small amount of cash, weren’t injured.
Officers from 21 Division - right across the parking lot - quickly responded to the call, arresting all suspects within two hours. They used surveillance video and were helped by loss prevention officers who work at the shopping centre.
Edgar Koromo, 18, of Brampton, is charged with robbery. He’s scheduled to appear in Brampton court on April 20.
Six boys have also been charged: four 14-year-olds, one 15-year-old, and one 16-year-old who is also facing a disguise with intent charge.
Their identities are protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
A replica firearm was recovered from one of the youths during his arrest.
The young offenders will appear in Brampton court on April 18.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Suspects Charged in Brampton Robbery Investigation
- Suspects Charged in Violent Brampton Robbery
- Three Brampton Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Multiple Suspects Involved in Armed Robbery in Brampton