Seven Teens Charged in Brampton Robbery Involving Gun
Seven Brampton teens are facing charges in relation to an armed robbery at a Brampton mall.
The group of suspects approached two victims at Bramalea City Centre on March 17 at 4:50 p.m.
One of the suspects “showed the victims the butt of a firearm and made a demand for cash,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Paolo Carretta.
The suspects fled in and around the mall.
The victims, who gave up a small amount of cash, weren’t injured.
Officers from 21 Division - right across the parking lot - quickly responded to the call, arresting all suspects within two hours. They used surveillance video and were helped by loss prevention officers who work at the shopping centre.
Edgar Koromo, 18, of Brampton, is charged with robbery. He’s scheduled to appear in Brampton court on April 20.
Six boys have also been charged: four 14-year-olds, one 15-year-old, and one 16-year-old who is also facing a disguise with intent charge.
Their identities are protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
A replica firearm was recovered from one of the youths during his arrest.
The young offenders will appear in Brampton court on April 18.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Second COVID-19 case reported on Brampton transit
- Suspects Charged in Brampton Robbery Investigation
- Three Brampton Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle
- Suspects Charged in Violent Brampton Robbery
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Multiple Suspects Involved in Armed Robbery in Brampton