Severe Thunderstorm And Flood Watch Now In Effect For Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the Halton-Peel region.
Thunderstorms are forecast to develop this afternoon into this evening.
Intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas; however, flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected. Due to the flash floods, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
The public is advised to stay away from all watercourses.
Credit Valley Conservation will continue to monitor weather and water levels in the watershed.
This flood outlook will be in effect through Sunday, July 21th, or until further notice.
- Heavy Police Presence Due To Distressed Man In Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Two Men In Connection To A Homicide In Brampton
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- Peel Police Concerned About Missing 53-Year-Old Man From Brampton
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences