Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Brampton
Residents should be aware of some stormy weather in the forecast.
According to Environment Canada, meteorologists are currently tracking a cluster of severe thunderstorms capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to nickel size hail, and heavy rain.
"This cluster of severe thunderstorms near Erin is moving east at 80 km/h," the statement reads.
A warning is in effect as the heavy rainfall can cause flash flooding and water pooling on roads, while the hail and strong wind can potentially cause damages or injuries.
"The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches."
Residents are advised to stay cautious and keep an eye out for any further weather statements.
- Large fire at Brampton Canadian Tire
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- Police not facing charges after man falls onto highway 407 in Brampton
- Person transported to hospital after collision in Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton