Severe Thunderstorm Warning in Effect for Brampton
Conditions are favourable today (Saturday, May 25) for the development of severe thunderstorms and flooding.
"Thunderstorms are expected to redevelop this afternoon across most of Southern Ontario," says a statement from Environment Canada. "The main threats associated with these storms will be strong wind gusts and hail. Some localized flooding is also possible."
A total of 20 to 40 mm of rain is forecasted.
Residents may want to stay indoors for their safety, as strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees, and overturn large vehicles.
Additionally, heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
"The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches," the statement reads.
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard