Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Brampton this afternoon
A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are currently tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, heavy rain, and nickel-sized hail.
“This line of severe thunderstorms is located near Acton, moving east at 30 km/h,” Environment Canada reports.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
Residents are advised to take cover immediately and stay indoors when threatening weather approaches.
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021