Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for CITY.
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when there is the possibility or expectation for storms to produce large hail, damaging winds, and/or torrential rainfall.
"Heavy downpours are likely to cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles," says a report from Environment Canada.
Additionally, residents are reminded that damaged or weakened structures, fallen debris, downed electrical wires, and gas leaks are all possible hazards as a result of a severe storm.
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway