Severe Thunderstorm Watch in Effect for Brampton
“When thunder roars, stay indoors,” says Environment Canada.
A thunderstorm watch is in effect for Brampton this afternoon and early evening.
Today’s atmospheric conditions may be capable of producing one or more of the following: strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h, large hail, damaging winds, and torrential rainfall.
The Weather Network advises that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. Stay safe out there!
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton